Sunday, November 02, 2008

Halloween!

We had a great Halloween this year! As this is hands-down Reed's favorite holiday of the year, of course he started planning his costume months ago. He wanted to be a mummy. You'd think this would be a common costume, but neither of our children have ever been mummies before. And what a cheap and easy costume! One $4 sheet from Walmart and we were done. We already had face makeup, so we were good there.
About two weeks ago, Reed said he wanted to be Frankenstein for Halloween. I said, "Reed -- I thought you wanted to be a mummy." He said, "No, Mom, I mean NEXT Halloween!" I told you it was his favorite holiday. Stay tuned for a Frankenstein costume next year.
I took a half-day off from work to prepare. Since the holiday fell on Friday this year, we weren't under any time constraints to be in bed by a certain time, so I thought I'd make it more special. I always want to be (but usually don't attain) the good mom who has cute parties with cute food, etc. So this year, I made:
Mummy Dogs


Creepy Crawlers

Chili Pie and Ghost CupcakesAfter dinner, our mummy got dressed and headed out to get his loot!

Happy Halloween, y'all!

2 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Blogger Dto3 said...

YUM! I'd much rather have the chili pie than a Reese's anyday! Glad he had fun. My little guy only made it to a few houses until he realized he could start eating the candy!

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Dto3 said...

Have you guys died? I'm pretty sure I saw you at Christmas. Maybe it was illusion? Come back and give me some of life's tidbits please. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home